How do we feel about romance? I asked a component of women on this
subject and here are the results:
1. What is your favorite romantic movie?
- Pretty Woman
- Love Jones
- The Notebook
2 Do you believe in love at first sight?
I found this survey shocking because I do believe that you can
stumble upon the man that you are going to spend the rest of your
life with. I met my husband that way on a train in Chicago; and
our eyes met, and the rest is history as they say.
3. Do you want a romantic man in your life?
I do, of course and most women do, but other women stated that
as long as the men had some money and they didn’t have to
work again, then money was the key to happiness. A romantic man
could be poor, and who wants or needs a poor man.
4. What are your favorite romantic places?
- The beach-overlooking the serenity of the water.
- A romantic restaurant with candlelight, soft music and good
- The bedroom with plenty of rose petals.
5. Who is your favorite romantic actor?
- Denzel Washington – wins hands down.
- Terrance Howard – his eyes are romantic.
- Shemar Moore – gorgeous in every way.
6. What is your idea of romance?
- Unconditional love.
- Communication between the two.
- Deep love and understanding.
7. What are your favorite romantic possessions?
- Victoria Secret Underwear
- Chocolate truffles
- An Engagement Ring.
8. What age are the most romantic men?
- 25% = 25 year olds.
- 50% = 35 year olds.
- 25% - Age doesn’t matter. It depends on the individual.
9. What is your favorite romantic city?
- Paris, France
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- New York City
10. What is your favorite romantic moment?
- A marriage proposal with the man down on his knees and declaring
his love for me.
- “I love you” said every time you see me.
- A walk on the beach with the man I love.
- Holding hands with the man I love.
- Making love with my soul mate.
- Enjoying each other’s company.
- Spending quality time with my man.
- A romantic vacation.
- Surprises of the romantic kind
11. Would you get married for love only?
Of course most women want to marry for love so the marriage can
last until eternity. There are women marrying for all kinds of reasons,
but love is the conqueror of a happy marriage.
12. If a man asked you to marry him for one million dollars.
Would you do it, knowing there was no love between the two?
This is the state of marriages, and why divorce is the controlling
factor. Money is truly the root of all evil.
13. What are your favorite romantic novels?
- I Confess by Carol Ann Culbert Johnson
- I Confess 2 by Carol Ann Culbert Johnson
- Rejection by Carol Ann Culbert Johnson
- Torn Between Two Lovers by Carol Ann Culbert Johnson
- Mr. Right Now by Monica Jackson
- Original Love by J.J. Murray
- Big Girls Don’t Cry by Donna Hill and other authors.
- The Root of All Evil by Joylynn M. Jossel
- Like the First Time by Francis Ray
- Where There’s a Will: Curtains/The Bad Penny/Identity
- Crisis/Redemption by Shirley Hailstock and other authors.
- A Measure of Faith by Maxine Billings
- Unforgettable by Adrianne Byrd
- Renee and Jay by J.J. Murray
- Renee and Jay 2 by J.J. Murray
- In Firm Pursuit by Pamela Samuels-Young
- Every Resonable Doubt by Pamela Samuels-Young
There are so many books, but these are the ones that stand out
to me and other women.
14. What would be your romantic dream?
- To find my soul mate.
- To live happily ever after with my soul mate.
- Someone that loves me unconditionally.
- Living in Paris, France and celebrating love forever.
- Getting Married.
- Getting a creative marriage proposal.
15. Why do you think women writers like to write romance?
- Because they believe in it.
- Writing about it gives them the sense that it exists.
- A man and woman falling in love are special.
- It’s a feeling of love.
- For the happily ever after endings.
- It’s easier.
- Love makes the world go around.
- To escape the conflicts of the world.
- To show readers that romance is a reality-check and men and
women do fall in love and live happily ever after.
- To make up for the romance lacking in their own lives.
- For their own dreams.
- The Gift of Writing
16. What would be your romantic wedding?
- On the beach in the summer surrounded by the water, family and
- A Church.
- In a Romantic City.
- In Jamaica
- House or Home.
- A Special place for the couple involved.
17. Do you believe that there is someone out there for
18. What is your favorite love song?
- I Still Believe by Brenda K. Starr
- The Closer I Get To You by Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway
- Loving You by Minnie Riperton
- Truth Is by Fantasia
- Endless Love by Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie
- My Boo by Alicia Keys and Usher.
- I Believe by Fantasia
- Day Dream by Donna Hill
- Forever and Ever by Howard Hewitt
- Can't Get Enough by Tamia
- One Less Bell to Answer by The Fifth Dimension
There are many love songs, but these are the ones I play over and
19. What is your favorite romantic couple on the soaps?
- Neil and Drucilla from the Young and the Restless.
- Gwen and Will from As the World Turns.
- Sharon and Jack from the Young and the Restless.
- Josh and Reva from The Guiding Light
- Tammy and Jonathan from The Guiding Light
- Michael and Lauren from The Young and the Restless
- Nick and Taylor from The Bold and the Beautiful
- Thorne and Darla from The Bold and the Beautiful
- Carla and Sonny from General Hospital
- Sam and Jason from General Hospital
20. Would you hold out for romance?
21. If you were stranded on a desert island and you had
the chance to cheat with a romantic man? Would you do it?
22. Would you date on the internet?
23. Would you contemplate a long distance relationship
24. Would you give your life/self for your romantic man?
In a world of conflicts, chaos, and crimes all over the place,
romance gives you the chance to escape from the stresses of life.
You get to be with another human being, and explore issues and life
together. Although some of us are romantic at heart, including myself,
and believe in the evolution of romance; there are others with no
myth about it.
I believe romance is here to stay, and our mate is right around
that corner if we believe. It might not be a happily ever after
ending all the time because women are women, and men are men, but
I think out of 100% - we might have romance 85% of the time. This
is only 15% of a reality-check, of course. We all are destined for
romance, and remember our mates are still right around that corner.
MyShelf.Com. All Rights Reserved.